Monday, September 2, 2019

The Fame being converted for a noble social cause

Each activity and media engagement organized for the cause - universal newborn hearing screening - is so thrilling like a T20 game with lots of energy and excitement. Former cricketer Brett Lee, the fastest bowler in the Australian cricket history and the 2nd fastest pacer of all time in the history of cricket, currently the Global Hearing Ambassador for Cochlear, is so passionate about the cause for which he has been there for quite sometime. Currently he has been travelling to Kochi, Alappuzha, Thrissur and Irinjalakuda from August 31 to September 03, 2019 spreading the awareness.

According to Brett Lee, "Cricket is over for me, now I want to dedicate my life for universal newborn hearing screening with the same dedication and zeal that I had for cricket in my life. If a cricket bat is given to every child in its childhood in India, why not newborn hearing screening is done for every child."

The aggressive bowler - who had been a nightmare for all the batsmen of his era - is so cool and fun-loving off the field.  Though cricket is said to be the gentleman's game, the same breed of people is in extinction and Brett is an exception in the fullest sense. Perhaps the two Australian cricketers who are there for a remarkable cause are Brett Lee and Steve Waugh.

Generally what we see with people who are fame owned, is making money from ads, being brand ambassadors of various products and other promotional activities, having little social cause and hardly bothered to give back to the society. It is tough to be there for a cause, traveling across countries in different continents faced with linguistic, cultural and climatic challenges, and despite all these to repeat the message and making sure that message is taken home is rather challenging. Brett Lee has taken up this challenge and his message does make changes in the society.

Though cricket made what Brett Lee is today, he hardly speaks anything on cricket while he goes around spreading the message of universal newborn hearing screening in Kochi, Kozhikode, Trivandrum, Alappuzha, Thrissur and Irinjalakuda.

Like any other retired cricketer, Brett Lee could also enjoy a retired life being a commentator, a bowling coach or any glamorous position that could be offered to a cricketer. But Brett opted for a path that is less travelled by his fellow cricketers.

As far as this noble cause is concerned, we all might think where Brett Lee is coming from - his son had a fall and for a short period had a hearing loss and it got cured naturally. So as a caring parent he went through this space of agony and worries, so being in the same shoes he speaks loud for universal newborn hearing screening.

He strongly feels that there is life beyond blowing at a speed of 161.1 km/hour (100.1 miles/hour). Now he is bowling down the hearts of millions of people with the message of universal newborn hearing screening test and the message is getting louder and louder.  He shall continue to take 'wickets' while he bowls for the cause - universal newborn hearing screening.

The blog is being uploaded while i am at TMCAA Sports Complex, Trissur Medical College, where Brett Lee is speaking and the whole atmosphere is electrified 

(Written being inspired and closely associated with his activities in Kochi, Kozhikode, Alappuzha, Thrissur and Irinjalakuda)

Image Courtesy: Mr. Manu Shelly, friend from media

3 comments:

  1. I want to let the world know about Doctor Padman the Great spell caster that brought back my husband to me when i thought all hope was lost, I got my love back and saved my marriage… I was married for 3years with 1kid and we lived happily until things started getting ugly and we had fights and argued almost every time… it got worse at a point that he filed for divorce… I tried my best to make him change his mind & stay with me because I love him so much and don’t want to lose him but everything just didn’t work out… he moved out of the house because it was a rented apartment and still went ahead to file for divorce… I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when someone introduced me to this wonderful, great spell caster who eventually helped me out… I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try reluctantly because I was desperate and left with no choice… He did special prayers and used his power… Within 4 days my husband called me and he said he was sorry for all the emotional pains he had cost me, moved back to the house and we continue to live happily and our son is happy too and we are expecting our second child… (padmanlovespell@yahoo.com) I have introduced him to a lot of couples with problems across the world and they have had good news… Just thought I should share my experience because I strongly believe someone out there need’s it… You can email him through his email. padmanlovespell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete