Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Digital Payment Ecosystem making us financially undisciplined?

As we live in a digital era we can't sidestep the advantages and disadvantages that we are confronted with. Everything has its merit and demerit and the meaningful use of the same could be challenging.

The first Modi government came up with a campaign named Digital India with the motto "Power To Empower" to ensure the Government's services are
made available to citizens electronically by improved online infrastructure and by increasing Internet connectivity or by making the country digitally empowered in the field of technology. Along with Digital India campaign, the government strongly advocated for Digital Payment System, and towards this end a few digital wallets - BHIM, RuPay were also launched.

The top 10 mobile wallets in India that is the gateway for cashless economy are PayTM, Amazon Pay, Google Pay (formerly known as Tez), PhonePe (now part of Flipkart), MobiKwik,Yono by SBI, Citi MasterPass, ICICI Pockets, HDFC PayZapp and BHIM Axis Pay.

The new ecosystem has changed the market propositions and buying habits of middle and upper middle class consumers from traditional method to digital.

While we spend the physical cash we feel the value of it in each transaction and we have a clear picture of the income - expenditure. This makes us financially more disciplined. Whereas in digital payment system, the hard earned salary can be spent in just one click.

The world of internet with all its fantasies and glamour allure the millennials and create in their minds unwanted consumer needs. Lured by the vast array of products on the screen, we tend to buy many things in a ‘digital’ click whether we actually need it or not. I am not negating the usefulness of digital payment system, which includes its role in various utility bill payments, as well as hospital and other services. The immense convenience it provides is in booking train, flight and other tickets.    

Of course, we can't get carried away too much by the new trends, however, our financial discipline lies in how effectively and meaningfully we use all these technological advancements in our day to day life.

Image Courtesy: Google Image 


1 comment:

  1. I want to let the world know about Doctor Padman the Great spell caster that brought back my husband to me when i thought all hope was lost, I got my love back and saved my marriage… I was married for 3years with 1kid and we lived happily until things started getting ugly and we had fights and argued almost every time… it got worse at a point that he filed for divorce… I tried my best to make him change his mind & stay with me because I love him so much and don’t want to lose him but everything just didn’t work out… he moved out of the house because it was a rented apartment and still went ahead to file for divorce… I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when someone introduced me to this wonderful, great spell caster who eventually helped me out… I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try reluctantly because I was desperate and left with no choice… He did special prayers and used his power… Within 4 days my husband called me and he said he was sorry for all the emotional pains he had cost me, moved back to the house and we continue to live happily and our son is happy too and we are expecting our second child… (padmanlovespell@yahoo.com) I have introduced him to a lot of couples with problems across the world and they have had good news… Just thought I should share my experience because I strongly believe someone out there need’s it… You can email him through his email. padmanlovespell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete